BlueBolt is searching for a Business Development Representative to focus on new business development efforts. The ideal candidate can quickly grasp BlueBolt’s philosophy and work to expand our current customer base. BlueBolt is a leading eCommerce, CMS, and Enterprise Search services firm, focused on delivering solutions on Shopify Plus, Episerver/Optimizely, Salesforce, and other platforms. Our driving philosophy is simple – create a climate where everyone wins. By staying true to this, we have enjoyed more than 15 years of success as a company, with many long-standing customer and employee relationships over that time.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for sourcing new opportunities to grow our customer base. This person must have strong prospecting skills and a strong foundation of relationship building. Strong listening skills will allow the candidate to understand prospects’ web challenges, pain points, and new initiatives. Our best candidate must be an independent, self-starter and have very clear communication, writing, presentation, and follow-up skills. Further, the person should have demonstrated software and professional services sales experience and an existing network within the industry to drive new opportunities for BlueBolt.
This position is full-time and can be based out of our Chicago office or remote. This role will report to the Vice President of Sales. Please note that this position is highly visible and requires an open communication style conveying curiosity, humility, and confidence.
- Generate new opportunities/prospects for BlueBolt via calling, emailing, social selling, networking, and other means necessary.
- Work with existing partners to develop relationships at the Sales Rep level, in an effort to drive net new leads for BlueBolt.
- Function as a consultative salesperson; accurately convey BlueBolt’s products and services to prospective clients as strategic solutions to improve their business operations and revenues.
- Qualify and evaluate the prospects’ capital expenditures and revenue potential. Ensure that prospects are a good fit for BlueBolt.
- Work with the BlueBolt Marketing team to drive new outbound campaigns, focused on developing top-of-the-funnel prospects for CMS, Commerce, and Search.
- Gather technical and business requirements, in conjunction with the Sales Engineer, for our customer implementation engagements.
- Work with BlueBolt Sales Engineers and develop detailed proposals to deliver to prospects.
- Remain aware of additional revenue opportunities, especially through a software upgrade, or new opportunities within a customer’s organization.
- Use Salesforce to record all prospecting activity and sales activity on a daily basis.
- Close new business and drive additional revenue for the BlueBolt organization.
- Passion to learn new technology and join a rapidly growing, highly respected company.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years+ of experience selling CMS, Commerce, or other similar professional services, or software products within these industries, with a track record for exceeding goals.
- Deep knowledge of Web Content Management systems, eCommerce platforms, and ancillary technologies.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas.
- Ability to deliver compelling sales presentations, demonstrating the value of BlueBolt and working with BlueBolt. Must be able to clearly articulate BlueBolt services and how these align with your prospect requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required- work experience is just as valuable.
- Experience networking and setting appointments to CEO’s, Executive VP’s, SVP’s, and other senior roles in large, Enterprise organizations. Must have experience in selling to both Marketing and Technology departments.
- Demonstrated ability to be nimble, work independently, build relationships, overcome obstacles and achieve sales goals.
- Outbound prospecting may be necessary at times, and the right candidate will have the ability to conduct outbound prospecting campaigns.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to ask for the sale.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbally, along with meticulous follow-up.
- Competitive Base Salary + generous commission plan
- Uncapped commission potential
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Casual Dress
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical (BlueBolt pays 100% for staff member, 50% for dependents)
- Dental (BlueBolt pays 100% for staff member, 50% for dependents)
- Eye (BlueBolt pays 100% for staff member, 50% for dependents)
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability (100% paid by BlueBolt)
- 401k with Company Matching
- Intelligentsia Coffee / Premium Drink delivery
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
BlueBolt provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.