BlueBolt is looking to hire a Senior Digital Strategist that can quickly grasp BlueBolt’s philosophy and serve our client base. BlueBolt is a leading eCommerce, CMS, and Enterprise Search services firm, focused on delivering solutions on Episerver (now Optimizely), Shopify Plus, and other platforms. Our driving philosophy is simple – do what we say we’re going to do and create a climate where everyone wins. By staying true to this, we have enjoyed over 15 years of success as a company, with many long-standing customer and employee relationships over that time.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for building the strategic offerings at BlueBolt and work with management to define, optimize and help take these to market. Once in-market, this individual spend a portion of their time as a billable consultant working with BlueBolt Clients to identify areas for improvement in the Client digital business, then working with these Clients to build out strategic plans and execute.
This can take shape as creating or conducting:
- Long-term roadmaps
- Strategic marketing assessments & programs
- Platform selection & migration planning
- Personalization strategy and execution
- A/B or multivariate testing or experimentation
Working closely with our creative and technology teams, this individual will have overall responsibility for building our strategic offerings , supporting sales opportunities and new client pursuits including participating in sales pitches, and delivering on client digital strategy engagements. Further, this individual should become a thought leader within BlueBolt, with a pulse on MarTech tools and their benefits to various industries.
This position is full time and can be based out of our Chicago Office or remote. The Digital Strategist will report to the Chief Operating Officer [COO]. This role is highly visible and requires an open communication style that conveys curiosity, humility and confidence. Currently, this is a crucial role to fill as we are entering a high growth phase.
- In partnership with BlueBolt leadership, formalize BlueBolt strategic offerings as dedicated solutions within the organization. Work with marketing to create dedicated collateral for these solutions.
- Work with Clients to develop long-term, strategic roadmaps for growth. These include a comprehensive assessment of the organization’s business goal, current digital activities, along with recommendations for how BlueBolt can define and deliver ROI for our clients. Roadmaps should encompass personnel, operations, processes, marketing, technology, and associated budgets to achieve goals.
- Develop Client specific KPI’s for measurement of any recommended solutions. Develop reporting framework for Client reporting on any programs implemented by BlueBolt.
- Working knowledge of various CMS & Commerce specific programs, including Content Strategy, SEO, Marketing, Affiliate Strategies, Marketplaces, and other areas critical to digital businesses.
- Knowledge of various SEO/Personalization/AB Test platforms, 3rd party services, partners, and vendors within the ecosystem and how they relate and support Client initiatives. May also be used to drive platform selections on behalf of Clients.
- Specifically, background in Google Analytics, Optimizely and/or other modern platforms that help in personalizing and testing site experiences to increase traffic, conversion rates, and retention.
- Lead or assist BlueBolt’s internal efforts in all of the above!
- Keep up with analyst reports and general trends within relevant MarTech tools.
- Develop strategic insights for clients employing customer and competitive research, benchmarking studies, and general analysis and audit techniques.
- Leveraging Client specific data, industry benchmarks, and general experience, define a future state vision which can be delivered via BlueBolt solution offerings.
- Work with customers through their digital transformation journey and provide thought leadership and guidance along this evolution.
- When Strategy engagements have been sold, oversee the delivery across technical, Creative, and business solutions from BlueBolt. Support multiple engagements by working with the assigned project managers to ensure successful delivery of these engagements.
- Ensure deliverables are of the highest quality to promote client satisfaction.
- Eventually, build and mentor a team and oversee solutions delivery growth to less experienced team members.
- Work with sales team with demonstrate our capabilities to new customers. Work in tandem with sales to refine proposals, pitches, and presentations.
- Ability to contribute in the process of drafting Statement of Work and detailed client delivery plans for relevant strategy engagements
- Develop thought leadership and content marketing for blogs, guides, webinars, and conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications or relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience as a Strategy leader in a similar Digital Agency. Ideally the candidate will have some level of experience in actual execution of various programs (SEO, Paid Search, Platform Selection, Site Assessments, Personalization, A/B Testing, etc).
- Broad Strategic experience across pre-launch and post-launch initiatives with Clients. Ideally experience across both Content & Commerce disciplines.
- Practical knowledge of various strategic solutions / programs, and having built packaged strategy offerings across roadmap creation, platform selection, marketing assessment and selection, site optimization, and ongoing operational enhancements.
- Experience leading a team to execute on strategic initiatives, including marketing, development, visual assessments, roadmap creation, and other areas.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital technologies, industry ecosystem, and general digital trends across various verticals – manufacturing, distribution, retail, and general digital marketing.
- Proven domain expertise with building business cases and communicating client-specific value proposition and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor.
- Leading discussions with business and technical decision makers. Proven experience in meeting with project sponsors to define a vision for future growth and gaining buy-in on that vision.
- Experience working with Sales teams to assist in deal qualification, proposal creation, and delivering presentations.
- Competitive Salary
- Profit Sharing
- Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Casual Dress
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical (BlueBolt pays 100% for staff member, 50% for dependents)
- Dental (BlueBolt pays 100% for staff member, 50% for dependents)
- Eye (BlueBolt pays 100% for staff member, 50% for dependents)
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability (100% paid by BlueBolt)
- 401k with Company Matching
- Intelligentsia Coffee / Premium Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
BlueBolt Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.