Godiva Chocolates



  • Shopify Plus Implementation
  • Shopify Plus Theme Extensibility
  • Salesforce Commerce Cloud Migration


  • Shopify Plus

Indulging in Innovation: Godiva's Sweet Transition to Shopify Plus

Founded in 1926 by the visionary Joseph Draps in the heart of Belgium, Godiva Chocolates quickly became synonymous with unparalleled luxury and indulgence. From its humble beginnings as a small boutique in Brussels to its global presence today, Godiva's commitment to uncompromising quality and innovation has remained unwavering.

Godiva chose BlueBolt Solutions to spearhead their transition from Salesforce Commerce Cloud to Shopify Plus, due to the platform's renowned cost-effectiveness and user-friendly features. Throughout the discovery process, our consulting team delved deep into Godiva's needs, uncovering additional avenues through which BlueBolt Solutions could support and enhance the Godiva digital journey.

Service Provided:

  • Shopify Plus Implementation
  • Website Development
  • Account Management
  • Creative Direction
  • Ongoing Support

Godiva Project Highlights

Migrating from Salesforce Commerce Cloud to Shopify Plus

Godiva hired BlueBolt Solutions to migrate their website from Salesforce Commerce Cloud to Shopify Plus.

Simplifying Storefront Administration with Shopify Plus

Shopify Plus supported unlimited staff account and additional permission settings for more control over the actions their staff could take in the Shopify admin.

Client Discovery and Technical Consulting Set Godiva Up for Success

It was quickly apparent that a “lift and shift” would not meet Godiva’s needs, so BlueBolt Solutions suggested a better Shopify Plus solution.

Creative Design and UX Strategy Extends Shopify Plus Theme

BlueBolt Solutions’ creative team crafted a design and user experience strategy for Godiva that could be implemented into their Shopify Plus theme.

When Godiva came to BlueBolt Solutions, they were utilizing Salesforce Commerce Cloud, which didn't offer the autonomous control their marketing team sought. Every change request needed to go through their developer team for implementation. Their intent was to make a 1:1 shift to Shopify Plus, however, during the discovery phase, BlueBolt Solutions discovered that simply migrating wouldn't address the aspects of their Salesforce Commerce Cloud site they disliked. After thorough research, our development team proposed a specific Shopify Plus theme, fulfilling 90% of their requirements. This approach allowed BlueBolt Solutions to concentrate on customizing the remaining 10% to align precisely with Godiva's vision for their website.

That's where the BlueBolt Solutions creative director stepped in, outlining an approach for optimizing the design while staying within the constraints of the new theme. With close collaboration through Figma, the execution was seamless, and Godiva got to have their "chocolate" and eat it too.

Godiva case study

Sweet Success

With BlueBolt at the helm, the shift from Salesforce Commerce Cloud to Shopify Plus felt like a breeze. Our expertise in ecommerce platforms and meticulous planning allowed us to transfer data, configurations, and customizations efficiently. Moreover, the new website is a gift to their marketing team, who now have full control over their storefront changes and promotions. It's a real feather in our cap to be able to work with the world’s leading chocolatier, and we’re proud to be a part of their sweet success.

All your design and technical needs in one partner

Let's Chat